MMDA eyes charges vs protesters who clogged C5 - Philippines Today

Breaking

Home Top Ad

Loading...

Post Top Ad

Loading...

Lunes, Hunyo 10, 2019

MMDA eyes charges vs protesters who clogged C5


The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is planning to file cases against individuals who mounted a rush hour protest along C-5 earlier this week.

About 3,000 supporters of outgoing Taguig Rep. Arnel Cerafica clogged the national road on rush hour without proper permits, MMDA Gen. Manager Jojo Garcia told DZMM.

"Pinag-aaralan ng mga abogado natin sa MMDA kung ano puwede natin i-kaso diyan," he said.

"Obstuction, illegal parking, lahat ng puwede... sa mga tao, kung may ma-identify tayo, kahit jaywalking kakasuhan 'yan kasi nakaharang sila diyan," he said, noting the fines could reach up to P2,000 per person.

The Philippine National Police is also looking into cases that could be filed against the organizers of the "disruptive" protest, Garcia said.

"Kung hindi niyo po matanggap 'yung mga naging resulta ng eleksyon, may ahensya po para diyan," he said.

"Kahit kelan po, hindi puwede dalhin sa kalsada 'yan lalo na sa national road," he said.

The May 23 protest stemmed from the loss of the Ceraficas to the Cayetanos in the mayoral and congressional races in Taguig.

The rally, which did not secure a permit from the city hall, resulted into an hours-long standstill along C5 as vehicles could not pass through both lanes of the national thoroughfare.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Loading...
loading...

Follow by Email

Post Bottom Ad